Monday, February 22, 2010

I believe I can fly



I am a stammerer .I stumble on words, I get a block. But I have started believing myself. I want to be a lecturer interacting night n day with my students. these are few lines from a song” I believe I can fly" which inspired me to see this dream despite being a stammerer.

I believe I can fly, I believe I can touch the sky,

I think about it every night and day

Spread my wings and fly away.....

See I was on the verge of breaking down

Sometimes silence can be so loud

There are miracles in life I must achieve

But first I know it starts inside...."

Since childhood I stammer. During my early childhood I was very shy and introvert and I used to lock myself up in the washroom whenever anyone used to visit my place.

During my schooldays, I used to write scripts for the class assemblies but never participated. I only used to direct them and search for the perfect emotion with which I had written it n wanted in the dialogue delivery. I used to ask my fellow classmates to imitate the emotion but I never had the guts the play any role on stage.

Taking parts in street plays n debates used to fascinate me a lot but I was very reluctant. Neither my teachers ever showed confidence in me nor I ever came forward. But during my 12th standard there was a compulsory presentation. For that I practised a lot and kept myself updated with all the information about the topic which gave me confidence. I presented in front of my 150 batch mates, even though stammered but I dint loose my confidence I just carried on. Everybody was astonished & then there was a round of applause. My teachers complimented me by saying" where have you been all these years".

But after this I dint stop.

Even today I stammer. I am pursuing my master’s n looking forward to be a lecturer. Yes I stammerer, this can’t stop me from being what i want to be. I believe in the almighty above and myself.Cheers!!

9 comments:

  1. great post Sakshi... Very inspiring.... and a nice way to kick off your blog... welcome to the club :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Harish Sir.Its all by your effort..

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a almighty above- and there is a almighty below: HER name is Sakshi Goel!
    Great! It needed courage but you have done it. This is what life is all about. Feel the fear and still go ahead and say your dialogue on the stage of the world- without caring for the applause..
    Now, for God's sake, dont stop!
    We missed you on 14th Feb at YWCA..
    sachin

    ReplyDelete
  4. well said..it is the attitude which make shine in life..we have to believe that 'some shaken words' from our mouth shouldn't come in our way to destiny..best of luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. bavo!! a big round of applause for a brave soul

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sachin sir, Harish sir thank u so much for understanding me....Acceptance is not easy but you have showed confidence in me n taught me d ways to handle it.You have given me a NEW LIFE...Thanks aton
    sir i read the post of meeting with Mr.Boss n realised i missed the oppurtunity to meet 2 great personalities, you n Mr Boss.i make a plan to see u in dehradun soon
    THANKS, niraj n kishore

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sakshi,

    It was all you! Your thoughts, ideas, courage and effort !!

    Now, as Sachin Sir says, DON'T STOP... keep writing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sakshi
    You can achieve what you want ,
    Like Harish said,
    Don't stop Keep writing.
    We now got a new inspiration in the form of YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really a great post. I never find a girl who stutter. i think only men have courage to bear it. But sakshi shows us how courageous a girl can be!!!!! i salute...

    ReplyDelete